Monday, October 13, 2008

Back at it

I had a really, really, really stressful week last week at work. I had clients on site so I ended up having to work late everyday, also it was the last week one of our very intregal team members was working here, so I had to spend a lot of time sitting with him trying to get every last drop of help from him that I could, and I was sick. So, to say it was a crappy week would be an understatement. I was able to shake it when I stepped out of these doors, but it made for some very long days and my workouts just did not happen. But I made up for it a little.

On Sat I met Sara and South Chagrin and we ran 6 days. It was just absolutely gorgeous out. Perfect fall day, clear, crisp and sunny. Afterwards we went to breakfast at yours truly. Then I went home and walked my dogs 2 miles. Then I went to the gym and lifted weights for the first time in forever, that felt great and I am sore from it in that good way. I then proceeded to mow the lawn. Hubby was sleeping b/c he has been working nights, so he had to miss one of the nicest days this year. Sunday morning I got up and met Ilana at the Beachwood park and we ran. I only managed 3 miles, my legs were really sore from the squats and lunges and that park is hilly. So, I called it a day after huffing and puffing my way through the 3 miler. When I got home from my run, G was just getting home from work, so we went to breakfast together. Breakfast out twice in one weekend! Now that's a good weekend :) Afterwards we went to a baptism for G's cousin's baby, she is 2 months old now. It was nice, and we went to a party afterwards. Poor G was up for 24 hours by the time we got home, but it was a nice day spent with family.

This morning I amazed myself and got up at 5:30 am and headed to spinning. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I got to the gym for a 5:30 workout, it's been ages. Very sad. The spin class was good, I didn't have too hard of a time. I even stayed for abs afterwards and lifted arms a little before heading home. We will see how I feel at about 3 today, I will probably crash, but hopefully I can get back into the 5:30 routine. Workouts after work just aren't happening.


DaisyDuc said...

Way to get to spinning! Perhaps I will make it this week!

About Me

My Photo
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35

Total Pageviews