Friday, December 17, 2010

Let the Games Begin

I took my before pictures last night. That was not fun. I will post them, but I think I will wait until I have my 30 days comparison shots. Normally I would just put them out there, but b/c I talk about my blog on Facebook and have some co-worker facebook friends I feel weird posting shots of me in a bikini. But I do want to show the progress for those interested in P90x, so bear with me, there will be pictures at some point. I took my measurements as well and I almost cried. I don’t know how I managed to get back to this place. I have officially gained 10 lbs since May. I feel like I did when I was trying to lose the weight from being pregnant. I put on 4 of those lbs since the beginning of Nov, which really upsets me. I was upset that I was backsliding at that point and I did nothing to stop it. I am a perfect example of how endurance running does not naturally equal skinny. It is not in my genes to be on the slim side, I have to work my butt off to stay trim. When I step back and logically think about it, I know why I have gained the weight. I went vegetarian early in the year, which has steered me to a very carb laden diet, I went back to work which cut down the amount of miles I was walking the dogs each week (walked them like 10-15 when I was staying at home and now maybe 5), and I had some serious stress in my life over the last few months. So, it is what it is. I am so sick of being obsessed with what I look like. I’ve had this blog going for a few years now and every other entry is bemoaning my sweet tooth and thick belly. So, I want it to stop. I want to blog about more meaningful things. I want to get back to listing out recipes and things I do with my family. I do plan to blog about P90x and I really hope it is the magic bullet I need to get control of my body. What I have been doing thus far is not working.
I am heading to KY to see my family for Xmas after work today. I am very excited. I haven’t seen 2 of my sisters and their kids in a long time. It will be nice spending time with everyone. I plan to start P90X on Sunday. So, when I get home I will blog about the first 2 workouts. Let the games begins.

Pre Power90X measurements:

Bust: 34
Bicep: 15 on both sides
Upper waist (under ribs): 26
Waist at belly button: 31.5 :(
Hips at butt: 38
Upper thigh: 21 on right, 21.5 on left
Lower thigh: 17
Calves: 15 on both side

The stomach has a lot of room for improvement, my belly is normally around 26-27, so I hope to see that number go down quickly.

Like my new blog makeover? I will be doing a write up soon on the gal that did it, but you can check her out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/bannerblvd. To leave a comment right now you have to click on the title of my post and go to that specifc page, I believe she's going to fix that soon. She's been awesome to work with and turned this update around so quick!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Love the new header - looks great!
I've gained 10 lbs this year, too. After the marathons my activity decreased a ton but I was still eating the same! Oh well, I'm declaring 2011 MY YEAR. :)

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews