Thursday, December 30, 2010

Look out 2011 Here I come

Ahhhh a new year. For those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time you know that I love calendars, I love making lists, I love plans. Do I stick to them? Not usually. But I love the process of filling out a blank slate, plotting out my plans. I’ve been blogging for many years now. When I started blogging back in 2007 it was b/c I had Ironman dreams and I wanted to track my progress. Over the years I completed a few sprint tris, did a few marathons, took a few vacations, lost my father who I miss every day in an accident, changed a few jobs and most importantly I became a mother. If you were to click back through my posts most of them would not be worth reading, they aren’t interesting. They are just posts where I talk on and on about what I ate, how much I weigh and how much I ran. I have thought often of abandoning my blog. But I keep coming back, I enjoy the outlet. My goal for the new year is simple, be nicer to myself. I have spent the last 3 years blogging about it and many more years before it worrying about 10 lbs. 10 lbs that I want to lose, but 10 lbs that always seem to come back. And so what, it is what it is. I know that I am strong and I know that these tree trunk legs can get me through a marathon, they can swim/bike and run their way through a middle of the pack tri and best of all they can squat down and pick up my bundle of joy and carry her around the house. And really isn’t that what matters? Isn’t this what makes life interesting: This blog is going to become much more interesting, I promise you that. There will be more life antidotes. There will be more talk about being a vegetarian and how hugely important that has become in my life b/c once those meat eating blinders are off, how can you ever look back? Meat is mean people plain and simple. I am going to be working on converting Harper to a vegetarian, but first I have to become a better well rounded veggie cook. I will be leaning on Peas and Thank you for that. I want to embrace Cleveland and learn to love it like my good friend over at Unmiserable Cleveland. I want to get out each weekend and do something, not just run and sit around the house with the kid. So, watch out 2011, watch out Cleveland, here I come.

On a P90x note, I have 2 more workouts to complete this week. I wasn’t feeling well, had a stomach bug, so the workouts have been a bit half assed this week. But I have still gotten through them. I am attempting an 11 mile run with some friends tomorrow to ring in the new year. Hopefully the frozen rain goes away.

3 comments:

Twila said...

I want so bad to ring in 2011 with an 11 mile run! I am going to try to find some locals to do it with me or I will hit the pavement solo and think about the year to come.

jill said...

Hey there. I'm liking your attitude girl! Look after yourself and it will look after you! So far my baby is a vegetarian. My husband and I think that we are gonna raise her that way. We are not vegetarian now, but have been transitioning for some time...we will see what the future holds.

Tina said...

Good for you on the veggie front! At least she's young still-my kids are not having it!

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews