Friday, June 13, 2008
I love Fridays. Love them! I wish everyday was Friday. Although this Friday didn’t get off to a great start. But first a recap. Wed night Gary and I did some work to clean all our hardwood floors on the first floor b/c our rugs were out to the cleaners. So, we busted our asses getting that done, then walked the dogs, etc and it was late, but I decided I had to get in 10 miles. So, I hopped on the trainer and spun a fast recovery 10 miler. It was so hot in the house, it was pretty miserable, but I was glad to get it done and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow! Thurs morning I got up and met my friend Ilana to run. It was a gorgeous day out, perfect temp. Unfortunately I had some serious emergency stomach issues and had to cut my planned 5 miler to a 3 miler. But at least I made it home! Last night Gary and me and 2 gals from my biking group rode a great 23 miler. We headed up Shaker to Chagrin River Road, up Berkshire, over to Cedar and then back down Shaker. I think I am still recovering from the tri b/c my legs felt like jelly, but I rode pretty well, aside from one bad side stitch (I wasn’t drinking enough). I am getting better on the descents thank goodness, I took the hill down into chagrin valley pretty quickly for me and got over 30 mph. Followed the ride up with 1.5 mile run to make it a brick. Sooo, I had the best intentions of getting up this morning and doing a long swim. I had a bit of trouble getting out of bed, so I was already running late, then both dogs decided they needed to poop so I was out in the yard longer than normal, by the time I got in my car, it was already 6 and I like to be at the gym by then. I got half way to the gym and realized I didn’t have my card or my license. Grrr. Now that I think about it, fully awake, they probably would have gone ahead and let me in. But my fuzzy morning brain took it as a sign to get back in bed. Booo. So, my weekly swimming mileage is going to be way less than it should be unless I can get some pool swimming in on Sunday. Have a great weekend bloggy friends.
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
Blogs I read
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2009 (107)
- Goodbye June
- ready to get out of heeerrrree
- They say it's your birthday
- official results
- Summi Sprint Tri
- I fart in your general direction
- It’s amazing the ebbs and flows I feel during this...
- Not quitting yet
- I feel like shit this morning. I think it’s a comb...
- It's the things you cannot see (day 24)
- I am a triathlete, day 22/84
- NEOsprint triathlon - Clay's Park
- Think like a fish
- Holden Arboretum (am I spelling that right...)
- Day 18
- Day 15/84
- ▼ June (18)