Monday, June 16, 2008
I feel like shit this morning. I think it’s a combo of working out hard, not enough sleep and eating ice cream Saturday night that is now reeking havoc on my stomach. I feel like I could hurl at any moment. I wanted to stay home so badly, but I am in various meetings for 5 hours today and couldn’t miss them. So, here I sit. But the weekend was just beautiful. Perfect weather. We had a little rain Sat morning and that cooled things off. G and I planned to bike in the am, but the rain put us off and I just couldn’t get out of bed, so we slept until 10 and then got up and ran errands. At 1 we met Beth and Tracie at a lake near Beth’s parent’s house and did some swimming. I felt slightly better in the water. But I wish I could just buck up and swim from buoy to buoy, but I just stayed close to shore. After that, we went home and napped a little, ate a little and then got on our bikes around 4 and took a nice hilly 37 mile ride. Afterwards, we ran for 15 mins. Since we biked so late in the day, I was worried about getting up and doing it again. But at 6am on Sunday I rose to head out to Mentor Headlands to meet Jen & Matt. They were kind enough to lead me on the GTC course. We rode one loop, which was about 24 miles. My legs were a little rusty to start, but after about 8 miles I felt just fine and had a really nice ride. We did it in a decent time and I even managed to not be a total wuss on the descents and hit over 30mph at one point. After that ride I ran 30 mins. Then we headed to G’s dad’s house for too much food. I started feeling ill around 7 last night and hope to knock this soon. We are meeting friends tonight to see the Incredible Hulk.
Hope everyone had a nice fathers day:
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2009 (107)
- Goodbye June
- ready to get out of heeerrrree
- They say it's your birthday
- official results
- Summi Sprint Tri
- I fart in your general direction
- It’s amazing the ebbs and flows I feel during this...
- Not quitting yet
- I feel like shit this morning. I think it’s a comb...
- It's the things you cannot see (day 24)
- I am a triathlete, day 22/84
- NEOsprint triathlon - Clay's Park
- Think like a fish
- Holden Arboretum (am I spelling that right...)
- Day 18
- Day 15/84
- ▼ June (18)