Monday, June 16, 2008
The truth of the matter is, that after that Sprint tri, I gave myself permission to not do the HIM. The swim was so hard for me, that I just knew, knew deep down that there was no way I could swim for 1 mile in Lake Eerie, no way no how. So, last week I kind of let things slide a little (granted I biked almost 90 miles, ran 13 and swam in OW twice). But the swims were not long enough, neither were the runs or bricks. I am going to promise myself this, if I feel on August 7th that I cannot do the 1 mile swim at GTC, then I will drop down, maybe to the sprint (considering the oly is only .25 of a mile shorter). But I will not make that decision until a few days before and I will continue to train as though I am totally going to rock GTC. I am not only doubting the swim right now, I am doubting the ability to run 13 miles after the ride, so the brick runs must increase. I have a race this weekend, so I won’t get a very quality long workout in, but I will make sure I run for 45 mins after my ride mid week. But starting next week I am back to riding hard and running long to build my confidence. I will sign up of the Milton Man Oly on July 13th and and and I will sign up for the 1 mile swim they have in Lake Eerie in July. If I can make it through that, I’ll have all the confidence I need. There is a swim coach here giving open water swim lessons a few times this summer. They are $20 a pop and far away from my home, but I am going to attend them all. And if I drop out of GTC I’ll at least know that I tried as hard as I could, but I just bit off a little more than I could chew. I seem to remember being just as confident that I couldn't get through the marathon last year and yet I did. So, maybe I will surprise myself again...
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
Blogs I read
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2009 (107)
- Goodbye June
- ready to get out of heeerrrree
- They say it's your birthday
- official results
- Summi Sprint Tri
- I fart in your general direction
- It’s amazing the ebbs and flows I feel during this...
- Not quitting yet
- I feel like shit this morning. I think it’s a comb...
- It's the things you cannot see (day 24)
- I am a triathlete, day 22/84
- NEOsprint triathlon - Clay's Park
- Think like a fish
- Holden Arboretum (am I spelling that right...)
- Day 18
- Day 15/84
- ▼ June (18)