Tuesday, January 18, 2011
A mistake has been made. I went out on my lunch break to get some drugs, fed up with this awful, horrible head/chest cold. I have one of those awful colds where you feel like you are underwater. I couldn’t hear, my head was throbbing, my throat was sore and I couldn’t think straight. I got in line at the CVS pharmacy to pick up some of the good stuff that you cannot buy off the shelves anymore thanks to the ingenious meth dealers. I grabbed a card off the shelf, showed some ID, and walked back to my car with Aleve-D. The D on the box is embolden and red, surely that means this stuff really works! Right on the front it says one pill will work for 12 hours. Great! So, I down one and head back to work. By 2:00 nothing has happened. Nada. My head still feels like it is full of concrete and I can’t seem to get any work done. So, what do I do? I pop another one. Sigh. Now I sick here at my desk feeling like a junkie. I can breathe, oh yes I can breathe, but I am completely tweaking. I hope I come down a bit so I can drive home at 5! If I have to call the husband to come get me b/c I overdose on Aleve- D, I think I may get a talking to. Oh yes a mistake has been made, send help and glow sticks. I am going to go listen to Phish on Pandora now and relive my glory days from 1999-01.
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
- A Winner! And a downer of a post!
- P90X Week 5, Day 1 and 2 - It hurts!
- Phase 2 of P90x! Start of week 5.
- A giveaway! A giveaway! Saffron Rouge, alert the...
- A mistake has been made!
- Week 3 Done - recap
- P90x Week 3 - going strong
- P90X Week 3, day 1 & Virgin Health Miles
- P90X Week 3: FAIL!
- My race plans for 2011
- P90X Week 2 recap
- My Husband is a Turd, Happy new year.
- ▼ January (12)
- ► 2009 (107)
- ► 2008 (201)