Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Eating plan = no 3:00 twix from large candy god in kitchen

Happy Tuesday Bloggy Friends. It’s a snowy day here in Cleveland. The forecast calls for 5 inches, I hope we get it! I love snow, at least the first few days of it, but once it starts melting and gets dirty, it’s the worst.

I met Brock this morning for a 6 mile recovery run, we kept pace at about 9:30-10:00 min pace. My legs were sore from my bootcamp class last night. We took a new route and I always enjoy running in the early morning snow. So quiet and all you hear are your feet crunching the snow. I am so happy to have a morning running partner! If it wasn’t knowing that he was waiting for me, there is no way I would have gotten out of bed. But I am so glad I did, I always feel sooo much better after getting my workout out of the way. Tonight I need to go swim. It’s been awhile and I have promised myself I will go at least twice a week this whole marathon training.

Work started off with an angry client, I hate those days, but I will not let it get me down. Why must I work! Sigh.

Feeling strong today. I have a few good eating days under my belt (well 2…) and a yummy lunch packed for today. If I plan ahead I do fine. If I take the time to pack a bag for work with food that I actually want to eat, then I do well. It’s when I half assed throw things in a bag in the morning that I end up going out to eat or hit the vending machine.

6 comments:

EMullins said...

I have to do the same thing with packing my lunch the night before b/c it sure ain't happening at 5:30 in the morning!

I miss those afternoon candy bars too. =(

triguyjt said...

do you call the vending machine at work THE WHEEL OF DEATH" like we do????
i try to avoid it, but sometimes...shoot..i can't help myself..

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I've gotten better at packing my lunch for work. It saves money and valuable calories (that are usually spent on wine with dinner)...on another note--don't miss that Ohio snow!

tracie said...

just say NO to twix! :)

you can do it!!!!

Josh Middleton said...

Hey!

It snowed a little here today as well. Unlike you, though, I want it to stop!!!

Sounds like you have your marathon training off to a great start. Good for you!

Love, Josh

triguyjt said...

hey..thanks for the info on the tower run...
i will wear full de-contamination suit..haha
but thanks...really I have no idea how dusty it might be...

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35
Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews