Friday, April 25, 2008
And what's my goal for this year? First and foremost to have my first season of triathlons and finish GCT HIM w.o dying. So, am I going to put that at risk by doing the Pig? I do not know. I met with the doctor. I have posterior tibialis tendon disfunction, which is a wordy way of saying there some weak muscle on the side of my foot causing me distress. Nothing is broken, ruptured or torn. He said that sure I could run the race, but at some point I will have to rest it in order to let the inflammation heal and in order to run without pain. Sure I can run the race, but it's going to hurt, where is the fun in that? I'll also need some physical thearpy to get some excercises to do and that I should probably get some more stability in my shoe. So, to race or not to race? That is the question. I am going to go run this weekend and see how it feels. If I run tomorrow I'll have had 8 days off and 14 days since a long run of 15 miles. I don't feel confident for the race, but I keep flipflopping on what I think is best. 5 mins ago when I emailed my friend Brendan, I said I was probably going to do the race anyway, I do have 2 pretty strong 20 milers under my belt and months of 25-30 mile weeks of running. But now as I type this I am convinced I will probably sit this one out. Take 1-2 more weeks off and ramp back up on my HIM plan. I want to be able to run with Kim over memorial day weekend when we go to our lake placid training camp. What to do, what to do.
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
Blogs I read
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2009 (107)
- this picture is just too priceless (why why are hi...
- Almost May Wednesdaily
- I'm in a bit of a funk. This whole thing with my f...
- It’s over Johnny. No marathon for me, I have made...
- I am in love with this website. http://icanhaschee...
- monica on a diet
- what am I trying to prove?
- Mental health day monday
- It's a beautiful day
- Yep, it’ official I am a master swimmer. I kid, I ...
- Oh joy! I just found out the Kids in the Hall are...
- Thank goodness the snow didn’t last too long. The...
- snowy sunday
- I am a Master Swimmer! Well sort of...
- Sunny Tuesday
- Last long week
- Return of my boyfriends
- 30 days and counting
- Working Hard!
- Still feeling pretty icky today, but not nearly as...
- ▼ April (23)