Tuesday, April 29, 2008
I'm in a bit of a funk. This whole thing with my foot, family stuff, work et al. It's just a lot of stress right now. I find myself really missing my dad lately and that's just been really hard. Some days I'm fine and some days I just want to crawl under the covers. When I went to see Dr. Shah, I was a new patient so I had to fill out forms about my family history and I had to put a check mark next to deceased for my dad. It was just so surreal. It's all so unfair, but such is life. Everyone loses their parents, but I really thought I had a long time left with him and regret many, many things. But so did he I'm sure. I am going home this weekend since I won't be doing the Pig. Every time I go home it's like pulling a scab off of a wound. I am able to forget about it up here, I am able to pretend like he's just a phone call away and my mother is not wandering around her house at all hours of night, crying herself to sleep. Well, I am probably writing way too much for a triathlon journal and getting a bit too personal. So, I'll stop. But the whole point is that I am in a funk. And when I am in a funk, I don't want to work out and unfortunately that just makes me feel worse. I have given myself permission to take it easy this week. I skipped my workout today, which I probably shouldn't, but I did. Tomorrow I will hit spinning, Thurs I will swim and Fri I will spin again and then head home where I'll probably not do much. When I get back on Monday, it's back to the grindstone and hopefully I'll be able to give running a shot. Although my foot really hurts and the pain is traveling up my calve. Fun times. So I am going to shake off this funk and be back to fun blogging next week.
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
Blogs I read
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2009 (107)
- this picture is just too priceless (why why are hi...
- Almost May Wednesdaily
- I'm in a bit of a funk. This whole thing with my f...
- It’s over Johnny. No marathon for me, I have made...
- I am in love with this website. http://icanhaschee...
- monica on a diet
- what am I trying to prove?
- Mental health day monday
- It's a beautiful day
- Yep, it’ official I am a master swimmer. I kid, I ...
- Oh joy! I just found out the Kids in the Hall are...
- Thank goodness the snow didn’t last too long. The...
- snowy sunday
- I am a Master Swimmer! Well sort of...
- Sunny Tuesday
- Last long week
- Return of my boyfriends
- 30 days and counting
- Working Hard!
- Still feeling pretty icky today, but not nearly as...
- ▼ April (23)