Tuesday, April 22, 2008
I am in just in a bad place. Why do I need to run the marathon? Is it really that big of a deal if I don’t do it? I have trained hard all winter long, but in all honesty I have no confidence for this race right now. I didn’t do the hill training I should have done, I didn’t lose the weight I should have lost, I didn’t do the speedwork I should have done. Now I cannot run without pain. Maybe I should just call it a day and train for a fall marathon? I hate to call defeat, but why push it? I remember how painful the last few miles of that Just a Short Run 30K were. We did 21 miles that day and I was hobbling at the end, I was happy with my time, but did not enjoy the last 5 miles at all. Why put myself through that….what am I trying to prove and to who? Is anyone really going to give 2 shits that I didn’t do this race and what do I care. It’s likely I won’t get the time I want and then I’ll just be disappointed and my feet will hurt even worse. Maybe I should just call is quits and not run for let’s say 3 weeks…then start ramping it back up? I do have an appt with a doctor on Friday and he is a runner, a good one, a 2:30 Boston marathoner and he happens to be head of the sports med dept at a local hospital. I guess I’ll just leave it up to him. Put it all out on the table and get his expert opinion. But I will not be toeing the line at the Pig with any confidence at all at this point. I hate this. The pain has traveled from my right foot up into my calve. The whole leg aches from the knee down. Bite me running injuries.
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
Blogs I read
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2009 (107)
- this picture is just too priceless (why why are hi...
- Almost May Wednesdaily
- I'm in a bit of a funk. This whole thing with my f...
- It’s over Johnny. No marathon for me, I have made...
- I am in love with this website. http://icanhaschee...
- monica on a diet
- what am I trying to prove?
- Mental health day monday
- It's a beautiful day
- Yep, it’ official I am a master swimmer. I kid, I ...
- Oh joy! I just found out the Kids in the Hall are...
- Thank goodness the snow didn’t last too long. The...
- snowy sunday
- I am a Master Swimmer! Well sort of...
- Sunny Tuesday
- Last long week
- Return of my boyfriends
- 30 days and counting
- Working Hard!
- Still feeling pretty icky today, but not nearly as...
- ▼ April (23)