Saturday, December 8, 2007

Boy is my butt gonna be sore tomorrow

This morning I made the trek to Akron to attend a 2 hour Excel in Cycling class. It was very good, but this was very overzealous of me. I have not been on my road bike since Sept! I have not rode more than an hour outside of a spin class since Sept! I mean what was I thinking going to a 2 hour course on a trainer when I haven't even used my trainer yet! Haahaaa might as well just jump in I suppose. I hated to drive 45 mins away to workout, but it is a hell of a workout and I know good and well that I wouldn't push myself as hard as I did today if left to my own devices. So, I am going to try and go every Sat., well until the husband complains about gas money. I don't even want to think about how much of our income goes towards classes, sessions, race fee, running clothes, bike accessories and so on. But it's a lot people. Maybe he needs to get an expensive hobby then I won't feel so bad. There were about 20 people in the class and the teacher sits up front and runs you through drills. The first hour was spent going through spin ups (where you cycle really hard, then let off, then hard again for pre determined amounts of time in a lowish gear), then the second half was one legged drills and lactic threshold ladders; those killed. My legs feel like noodles and I have a feeling I am going to be very sore b/c I never work near my LT and today I definately did. I used my heart rate moniter the whole time and was between 160 and 185 for pretty much the entire second hour. I feel great now. Waiting for G to get home from the gym, then its time to walk these dogs. They are sitting here whining and getting on my nerves. It is a gorgeous day out, very sunny and not too cold, I think it's 40 out there.

Tonight we are going to finally put up our Xmas tree and finish up our Xmas shopping and watch some more Planet Earth. Last night we watched Caves and Desert. That series is just too cool.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow you probaly will be sore tomorrow!
I saw your pups-they are CUTE! I can see the Sharpei in my Tino now!

Craig said...

Nice to see ya there today. Pete's indoor cycle classes are great stuff. I did them all last winter once a week different days to mix it up. My first outdoor ride last Spring the hard work really showed. Each week the training is ramped up a notch, but it gets more fun too.

Josh Middleton said...

I love it when I'm sore after a workout - makes me feel like I've really accomplished something!!

Good job! and have fun with the Christmas tree tonight!!!

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews