Tuesday, December 4, 2007
So I am split in half – I have 2 desires. One is to lose 10-15 lbs (which would get me to 120, not sickly skinny by any means for 5’2) and the other is to be an endurance athlete, especially in running/biking. I want to be the type of person who can go run 15 miles with no problem or go bike 100 miles without blinking. To be better at number 2, I need to achieve number 1. Yet, the scale never moves, I am stuck. I am plateaued. Now I do have my share of junk food breakdowns, but for the most part I am a healthy eater. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I logged my food years ago religiously and feel like I am good at determining how much I am eating, I would guess I take in 1400-1600 calories a day and considering I burn about 2500-4000 calories a week working out, I think that is fine. I was reading a book last night on endurance training and it said that after you continuously work out for long amounts of time – which for me would just be 1-2 runs a week – your body starts to store fuel differently and holds onto carbs longer. So, I am wondering if I shouldn’t ditch my long runs for awhile and try really hard to work on speedwork instead and see if it helps? I am just so fearful of losing my long run abilities. Know what I mean? Running fitness decreases so quickly – anyone who has taken a week or two off for an injury can attest to that. For the winter, should I switch things up and go to bootcamp class on Mondays, spin, swim and just be content to only get in like 12 running miles? Opinions please.
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
Blogs I read
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2009 (107)
- ► 2008 (201)
- OMG! I am like totally puffy!
- I'm jocking on your bitch ass, really I am
- Arghhh I want my mommy!
- Merry Xmas Eve
- FINALLY! I woke up at 5:15 and met Chris and Rache...
- Wed 12/19
- Tuesday 12-18
- Ahhh man, I kept smelling something and it turns o...
- We did not get that much snow last night. I am he...
- Wintery Weekend
- Tis the season
- Well this week kind of went off the tracks exercis...
- Big Birthday
- Really I have abs under all this padding
- Tuesday 12/11
- Soooo, I woke up feeling like a limp noodle on Sun...
- Boy is my butt gonna be sore tomorrow
- What I did today, instead of working
- Sooo I took a sick day from work yesterday! It wa...
- So cute you might puke
- Thanks for all the comments yesterday guys, I thin...
- So I am split in half – I have 2 desires. One is ...
- Just another manic monday
- Great white sharks make me pee my pants
- Reindeer Run~!
- ▼ December (25)