15 Monica Nowac chip time: 25:24.45 clock time: 25:40.60 8:17/M
Woohoooo last race this year and I got my best time! 8:17 avg. per mile! I was 15th in my age group (out of 44). I am so tickled. This gives me hope that I can get myself down into the 7's per mile. I am not very fast, compared to the 14 people in front of me (Espeed won our age group with an impressive 6:17/M!), but I have come so far. My first 5K which was in May of 2006 was 31:40! And I am about 10 lbs over my fighting weight right now, I am starting to think that one day I might just be further up in the standings. Woohoo. Big shout out to my girls who all did so well today - Abbie, Sara, Debby and Tracie. Abbie took 5th in her age group. She always wanted to finish in under 25 mins and today she finished under 24 mins!!!!
After the race, I went home and took a quick nap. Then Tracie came by and we headed to the JCC and swam and did yoga. I only got 500m in, sorry VTC girls.
I had plans to run 13 miles tomorrow, but it is not looking good. THere is a big snow storm coming. If it does, then I will try and power through 6 outisde and then maybe hit the treadmill for another hour. I hope the weather just calms down and I can get my 13 in. We'll see. Right now I am exhausted and I am going to snuggle with my dogs and Gary and watch a Planet Earth dvd. Have a good night.
- distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
Marathons so far
Blogs I read
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2009 (107)
- ► 2008 (201)
- OMG! I am like totally puffy!
- I'm jocking on your bitch ass, really I am
- Arghhh I want my mommy!
- Merry Xmas Eve
- FINALLY! I woke up at 5:15 and met Chris and Rache...
- Wed 12/19
- Tuesday 12-18
- Ahhh man, I kept smelling something and it turns o...
- We did not get that much snow last night. I am he...
- Wintery Weekend
- Tis the season
- Well this week kind of went off the tracks exercis...
- Big Birthday
- Really I have abs under all this padding
- Tuesday 12/11
- Soooo, I woke up feeling like a limp noodle on Sun...
- Boy is my butt gonna be sore tomorrow
- What I did today, instead of working
- Sooo I took a sick day from work yesterday! It wa...
- So cute you might puke
- Thanks for all the comments yesterday guys, I thin...
- So I am split in half – I have 2 desires. One is ...
- Just another manic monday
- Great white sharks make me pee my pants
- Reindeer Run~!
- ▼ December (25)