Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tuesday 12-18

Dare I say that the scale is starting to go down! I don’t want to get too excited, but I do appear to be down about 2-3 lbs and I am starting to notice some differences in the belly and thigh area. Cross training is paying off ya’ll. And my eating has not been where it should be, by any means. So, if I can get my eating in check, the weight will most certainly come off faster. I have no doubts that I will be back to my fighting weight by Feb. Maintaining it while marathon training will be tough, but I think I can do it. I just need to remember that long runs are NOT excuses for big brunches afterwards. 13 miles may equal 1000 calories burned, but you can easily eat that back with a stack of pancakes and a latte or a big old coldstone creamery cone!

Last night I did a short swim – 500 yds. I was having all kinds of technical difficulties. I cannot find goggles that fit my face correctly. Every time I turn my head I end up with an eye full of water and believe me, they are on tight enough. So, after putzing and fussing with my cap and goggles for 30 mins, I accepted defeat and headed to the weight room and lifted for another 30 mins. Tonight I am heading to my first ever CTC run at the Garfield Reservation. It’s going to be tough, I know these people are faster than me. But if I ever want to get faster, I need to try and keep up with people faster than me! I have promised myself I can just do 1 loop if it’s too bad, then try and build up from there.

I cannot believe next week is Xmas!

6 comments:

Papa Louie said...

Have a great time running the hills in Garfield Park. The park is at the end of my street. I'd join you but I'll be spinning on my trainer in the basement tonight.

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job on the scale. Mine seems to be moving in the other direction....

tracie said...

enjoy your run tonight! way to go with the scale! :)

Josh Middleton said...

Gurl, I cannot believe you took the Christ out of Christmas!!

:)

I love you!!!

triguyjt said...

nice job on the scale. I have a talking scale. it says "One at a time please" when i step on.. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweedish goggles are awesome --- I highly recommend those!

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews