Friday, December 7, 2007
Sooo I took a sick day from work yesterday! It was more of a mental health day, than sick day really. I am definitely under the weather, but not horribly ill; just feel kind of blah and tired, run down, etc. I slept in, which was nice. But only until 8:30 b/c Mushi was being obnoxious. Then I cleaned the entire house, which was much needed! Then I ran 3 miles and included a bunch of hills. Then I rode my trainer for 20 mins, then I went and swam 1000 yards! I had my own mini triathlon. We attended a roller skating birthday party for my neighbor Renata and it was really fun. I mean there were people there that were serious skaters. It was surreal, I wish I had had my camera with me. I didn’t fall down and it felt like a pretty good workout actually!

I momentarily contemplated calling off again today, but I want to save some vacation days to roll over. So, here I am. Boo. I am going to run out and get donuts for a meeting we have at 10. I hope I can get back to the office w/o eating 10 of them!

Tonight I will lift weights and go for a short run. Tomorrow I am contemplating going to an indoor cycling class at http://www.excelincycling.com/, but it is all the way in Akron and it is 2 hours long and I am scared that will be too much for me. But I think I will go…it will be tough, but worth it I’m sure. Sunday we are going to my SIL’s graduation from Grad school in Columbus, so I guess I’ll get in a shortish early morning run – 6-8 miles maybe.

6 comments:

tracie said...

Sounds like you have a pretty good weekend planned! Have fun!

Let me know how the cycling class turns out.

Josh Middleton said...

Mmm. Donuts!

I have been hearing that a lot of people are feeling a little blah lately. I guess it's the new snowy weather moving in our region!!!

Have a great weekend cupcake!

Josh

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Great workouts Monica, and have a great weekend.

Janet Edwards said...

Sometimes you really need those days and I feel long overdue!

You will be fine on Saturday. Everything can be modified to whatever your fitness level is. You won't regret going, guarantee!!

B Bop said...

You were at Renata's party??????? I had to miss it due to my night classes, but met Renata through Amy (the other birthday girl) this fall. Small world...I mean small town.

B Bop said...

I'm way behind on these comments....but I agree with Janet. The workout Saturday will be great.

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews