Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday 12/11

I swam last night and I swam pretty well. Well, most of the time I felt like I was flopping around and drowning, but at least 6 laps felt really good and smooth and in sync. So, that’s saying something. I completed 1000 yds and I made a point not to stop at the end of each length and go 50yds before I took a break. It’s getting easier, although not as quickly as I would like. I want to be able to swim a mile by Jan 1, a mile is 1600 yds. So, I think I will add 200 yds each time I hit the pool and do 1600 yds before I depart for Xmas in KY on Dec 28th. In Jan I want to make a point to hit the pool 3 times a week and 1 of those will be a mile swim, the other 2 will be shorter/faster and more drill oriented. That’s the plan anyway.

Tonight I am attending a Nutrition for Endurance Athletes seminar at the Bike Authority and while I am there I am going to get some speedplay pedals for my bike. I sooo don’t have the cash for these right now, but in my mind I need them or I can’t do these Excel in Cycling classes, so I am just going to suck it up and charge them. I would just buy them outright, but I just bought a Garmin cadence monitor and a trainer out of our joint account and just don’t feel right spending another $150 on my bike this month. So, out of my personal stash it comes. I have got to get better about money, that is my goal in 2008. I spend so much money on coffee and going out to lunch with work people. In the New Year I am banning myself from coffee shops unless it is after a long run with friends b/c that is a tradition for the group I run with. But I can downsize from a grande to a tall. I have also promised myself that I will only eat out once a work week. So, I am going to start bringing books in and reading over lunch. When spring comes I’ll walk around our building. I think this is the last thing I need to buy for my bike though, so that is good. I sure hope the biking shoes I have are adaptable to this type of clip. If not, that means I have to buy new bike shoes as well and this purchase will have to wait. Right now I just have cages on my pedals b/c clip pedals scare the bejesus out of me and cages make it nearly impossible to do one legged drills effectively. I have been meaning to learn to ride clipped in for awhile and these indoor classes are the perfect opportunity.

I am mailing out my entry for the Buckeye Winter Half marathon today. What sealed the deal for me was that I saw someone wearing the race jacket from last year and it was really really cute, so it made the $55 entry fee more worth it to me! So, Jan crazy trail run here I come.

2 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

You should ask Santa to bring you the extra piece for your bike!!

kodiacbear said...

"Right now I just have cages on my pedals b/c clip pedals scare the bejesus out of me.."

Absoluteley!!! I registered for IMLP'08 and bought my first bike this past sept.--yep, just jumped right in--I fell off it not 1000yds down the road at the red light...BUT it does get better...clip in/clip out/clip in/clip out for the next 2 miles.

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews