Sunday, December 30, 2007

OMG! I am like totally puffy!

It is absolutely amazing what 2 measly weeks off can inflict on you. I am a puffy, gross, bloated, zitty mess. I feel awful. I've been excercising, but my eating has been that of a crazed buffet maniac. So much candy, so many cookies, I can't even wrap my brain around it. It's over, we opened presents last night. Today I am back to the no artificial sugar/whole/super foods diet. I mean it. I can barely run. I did 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday and that's ALLLLLL I could do before I was sweating like a pig and on the verge of throwing up. My body is basically poisoned right now ya'll (come on I'm home in KY right now, gotta use the right lingo). I did 2 more this morning and plan on getting in 2 more 20 min sessions today so that I start my diet off on the right foot with 6 miles.

Yesterday I grabbed coffee with 2 of my high school girlfriends. I grew up in a small town, so the people I went to kindergarten with are the same people I graduated high school with. So, I still have some good old friends who have known me since I was knee high to a pigs eye!
Xmas was good. My parents gave us some new sheets for our new king size bed and some new hallway rugs, along with a few new sports bras and some scarves and gloves and a fancy scrabble board that rotates and has little plastic dividers so the letters don't move! My sis and BIL gave me these great yoga sandles that seperate y our toes and stretch them out and a yoga DVD and got G an extra long yoga mat, he'll be happy not to use my pink one anymore! My mom got my dad a new fancypants office chair and he got her one of those inversion tables you hang upside down on, that thing is crazy! Gary's mom gave me a shit ton of gift cards, which are the best for me b/c I love to shop, but never have any money. She also gave us a beautiful handmade wine bottle holder and a bottle of our fav. wine Conundrum (soooo tasty). She got G some new cross country skiis and boots. His Dad & stepmom gave me a nice workout outfit, a swimcap and a Dick's giftcard, which is always wonderful I can't wait to go shopping. I ordered myself a late Xmas gift - LL Bean has these wonderful thin quilted coats in a great range of colors on sale for $50. They are called the Weatherfield. Check them out if you need a new winter coat, they are good to negatuive 10 degrees, but so thin! Someone had one on at work,they are super cute. THe mens' versions aree on sale for $30!

My mom, sister and great aunt and I are heading to Lexington shortly to see Juno, I can't wait. I hear it's an awesome flick. I stared my day off with turkey breast and a soy latte with no splenda. I head home tomorrow. G was supposed to come with me, but came down with the flu or something. So, hopefully he feels better tomororw. I am hoping we can go to dinner with our neighbors. On Tuesday I am planninng a mega workout day with a mile swim and 6-8 miles ran, along with my ab destroyer video. Start the new year off right. Haaayyy.

Have a happy, safe New Years Eve Bloggy friends!

3 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Blah, I hate that bloated feeling...although I think it is good to remember that feeling to give us motivation to work harder when the holidays are through and the time is right!

Steve Stenzel said...

Puffy. What a great word. But not the way that you used it. That's depressing.

; )

triguyjt said...

you had a great holiday despite your feelings of puffiness and you have the right attitude. thats gone...move on. enjoy the shopping. and hey..wasn't juno great?? bride and i loved it.
signed
solo polar plunger

About Me

My Photo
Mnowac
distance runner attempting to run a marathon in every state, vegetarian foodie, mediocre triathlete, sucky swimmer, mommy to Harper, tea lover, coffee drinker, animal saver, hubby snuggler, race addict, full time working 31 year old living in cleveland
View my complete profile

Marathons so far

  • Sept 2012 - Corning, NY - TBD
  • April 2012 - Louisville, KY - TBD
  • Sept 2011 - Erie PA - 4:25
  • June 2011 - South Bend IN - 5 hrs+ (it was 98 degrees!)
  • Dec 2010 - Rehoboth Beach DE - 4:26:06
  • Nov 2010 - Huntington WV - 4:11:44
  • Oct 2009 - Towpath - Cleveland area OH - 4:30:35

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews